Thursday, November 13, 2008

Field Trips

It's going to take someone pretty awesome to get me to pick him over a juicy murder mystery novel. Gracie says I'm like chocolate chunk coffee ice cream and I can't date vanilla guys, and trust me, I've dated some vanilla in my time.

I think we grow up fed on romance novels, movies and fairy tales. We develop this picture in our head of the perfect man sprinkled liberally with father issues and we spend a considerable amount of time searching for him. I thought I found him once, Frederick. He was sweet and smart and romantic. He made me feel beautiful like I could have anything I wanted. That was part of the problem. I should not get everything I want, though I still tend to.

I figured out that I need someone strong and as selfish as me. I need someone who won't let me always have my way; someone not afraid to voice his opinion and ask for things. I need someone who who will force me to pay attention to him but appreciate individual space. It's gotta be someone who can take my brother's s**t and deal with baggage. For heaven's sake, I want a man's man who will let me cry without insisting on fixing it.

Gracie says it's our own fault, women's that is. We kept asking for sweeter, gentler men and ended up with a bunch of metrosexual sissies. I mean, COME ON, GROW A PAIR! If I wanted to date a woman, I'd be a lesbian and date Gracie! (I think Jack would understand)

Sorry about the minor rant...lol. Anyway, I went shopping with Gracie yesterday, the excuse was buying a present for Jack's birthday but I needed a little retail therapy...and a cute winter coat. Speaking of which, Gracie talked me into buying this red wool peacoat number. I was hesitant at first because I needed a coat to wear all the time. However, as with all things, Gracie should always be listened to.

I heard on the Today show that some study proves that men are more attracted to the color red. Well, that just seems obvious. Red is the color of fire, passion, it's bold and strong and mysterious. I may be prejudiced because I'm a red head but it's my signature color. I love my new red coat. I wore it to campus today. I think I'm the only student with a red coat. Literally, almost every guy I pass gives me the look. I love my new red coat and Gracie for making me get it.

No comments: