Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Electricity

I love going to school. I love classes and professors. I love new friends and writing papers and learning new things. Perhaps, the one thing I love best is the flirting. I love the electricity when you meet someone new, when you see someone across the room and something flares in the pit of your stomach, something roars to life. But it's even better when they look back at you and you know they feel it too.

This semester, I have just such an electrical reaction to enjoy. Right after lunch, every Tuesday and Thursday, I go straight to the mirror, check my hair, apply lipgloss and straighten my clothes so there is just enough cleavage showing. Then I march into my class well aware of just how fabulous I look. I think his name is Aaron. He sits two seat behind and one or two seats to the right of me. Now this is the perfect place for him if he feels like gazing at me all class but it makes it rather obvious when I want to gaze at him. For the past two weeks I have been failing at sly glances. He is well aware that I'm checking him out. BUT...he seems to return the sentiment because almost everytime I look back, I catch him looking at me too.


Electricity. Our eyes meet and my stomach does flip flops. He is average build, average hieght and average face, not my typical football build type. But his eyes sparkle and his smile gives me butterfiles. So our eyes meet and depending on my level of brazen energy I either flash him my dazzling smile, my sultry smile or glance away and smirk. We have yet to speak a word to each other that was not related to the class and who knows if we ever will. It depends on just how brazen I feel. Maybe I'll write my number on a piece of paper and slip it to him on the last day of the semester. But I know he feels the electricity too. It's obvious by the look in his eyes and the smile he flashes back. Perhaps he has a girlfriend and is simply enjoying the attention of a pretty girl.


Part of me hopes nothing ever happens more then this. I hate the part when you start talking and discover he's an idoit or a raging conservative. For now, he is the mysterious man in my economics class. For now, every time our eyes meet I get another shock of electricity and smile to myself.


Anyway, I remebered another three names for the list above. Gary. He goes after Matt and before Henry. Then Ray who goes before Henry but after Gary and finally Patrick who comes after Henry but before George...I think. Hmmm, my most recent relationships seem to be rather difficult to keep track of. Speaking of the list, George is being absolutely foul, which is really nothing new for him. One of the many lessons learned from that relationship would be not to date people you are forced to see all the time. The story of George is a long one *but* I have a feeling that it is finally over! However, that's a story for another day.

So, Frederick has been on my mind a lot lately. I don't know if it's because I saw him recently (barely, for like a second) or maybe just because, if things had been different, then Oct. 11th would have been our wedding day. Instead I went to San Diego with my mother on a girl's trip. It probably doesn't help that my best friend, Gracie, happens to be married to his close friend and co-worker, Jack. In fact, I might never have met Jack and Gracie if it hadn't been for Frederick. I wonder why I can't move on completely, maybe I'm just sick of being a fifth wheel. Stay tuned for that rather complicated story.

1 comment:

Girl In A Gi said...

Hmmm...I could name a few winners from my past...also, you're MY wheel, so ha! This 'Gracie' woman sounds amazing...and hot...and awesome. True story.